24.1.12

Clean and Simple Card Set & RIC #4

As you know from my recent posts, I participated in the Clean and Simple Online Classes. One of the last days of class was about making a card set. The classes are finished now, but I still wanted to have a go at a set of cards using the clean and simple principles.

I chose not to package these up in a nice box as a gift as they're destined to become some of the 150 or so thank you cards that I need to send out to people following Mum's passing and from all the gifts and cards I received at Christmas. I'm so far behind it's ridonkulous...but I figure better late than never, right!?


An easily mass produced design with simple two-step stamping of this stunning lotus flower directly onto the card base and the addition of some of my favourite wee dotted scallop punched in coordinating colours along the edge. Some sentiments from WaltzingMouse and there you have. I think I might need to purchase a basic sentiment set though, I really wanted to use a simple, bold thank you to match the clean lines of the lotus flower, but alas....out of the 4 squillion stamp sets I have - I don't have one matching this description.

I also dressed up the accompanying envelopes by stamping the smaller lotus flower in the single colour on the front left and adding another wee strip of the dotted scallops in the matching colour on the back flap. Easy peasy and yet so pretty.

And here they are all stacked up....not quite as vibrant as the photo from Runway's Inspiration - but I'm not really a super bright kinda gal. ;)


I've another card that I made in the wee hours of this morning when I was unable to sleep. If I can get it photographed and blogged before I finally call it a night/day/night/whatever it'll be up...otherwise I'll post it tomorrow.

Smooches,
Michey xxx



Card Details:
Stamps: Hero Arts Lotus Leaves CL542; WaltzingMouse Stamps Earth Angel and BIg Day Essentials
Inks: Memento Bamboo Leaves, Lady Bug, Tuxedo Black; Jenny Bowlin Speckled Egg, Lemon Drops, Lavender Sachet; Stampin Up Regal Rose
Cardstock: PTI Stampers Select White Notecards and envelopes
Others: EK Success Dotted Scallop punch




8 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is a super set - the flower image is gorgeous, and I like the variety of sentiments you've used.

Edna Morrisedie said...

These look LOVELY! CAS Styling at its best, love the simple lines of the flowers with all the white space, it really lets them shine, well done lovie!!

Stephanie said...

These are just AMAZING! They look so pretty all together like that :) I'm not fond of hot weather either, Spring & autumn are my favourite seasons in the UK :) xxx

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I really love the coordinating scalloped border on each card, and of course the matching envelopes too! So glad you decided to play along with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful set of cards! Love the matching envelopes and also the coordinating colour borders on the card :) Nice set

donna mikasa said...

so pretty! love this CAS design, and your matching envies, too!

Amy said...

These are beautiful Michey! Love the little color punched edge and the matching envelopes, very cool!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Love the CAS design, though I usually admire from afar since I struggle to effectively implement this style in my paper crafting. I found your blog through Cath's challenge to go out and about in the Moxie Fab World. I intend to post about my findings, much like Cath does and couldn't help but include this inspirational set. Great Job!