20.2.10

A little Paper Piecing, A little Colour Combo and a little Sunday Sketch following.....

I'm here.....did ya miss me?? I've been around blogland, but lurking and peeking at some blogs is about all I've had time for this week. :(


I actually left the hospital a little earlier last night - I was absolutely tuckered out and needed an early night home away from anyone that needed anything of me. I know that sounds a little selfish of me....but I give 110% of myself to my job and patients and have been giving more than that to my Mama the past 2 weeks and I was just a little done in.

So I decided to come home and have an actual meal in my house and catch up with my flatmate and maybe, just maybe, get in some therapy by way of making a card or two.

I really, really wanted to participate in Pam's piecing challenge and thought this Anya would look fabo with some piecing in her uniform. Then I thought she really needed to have matching luggage & it all came together pretty well once I decided on the paper to use and incorporated another colour challenge. I also followed Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, but have realised I missed the boat as far as uploading in time for the challenge there.

I'm also hoping to participate in The Greeting Farm's FFF colour challenge too!! A couple of challenges using Kraft + Chocolate and another colour!! I love, love, love Kraft & Chocolate....so no biggee there!! LOL. I may just post another card today.....who knows. Housework and grocery shopping are calling my name too. Bummah!! lol

Thanks for lookin. Mwah!!


Card Deets:

Image/Stamps: TGF Travel Anya
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper/Cardstock: Flourishes Classic White; SU Kraft & Chocolate Chip; Basic Grey Indian Summer (6x6 pad + 12x12 Acorn)
Others: Copics, White Gel Pen, Making Memories Edge Distresser (first time I've used this and I don't think I'll be a fan - I ran it around the white circle edge and you can see where the edge as left an indent about 1/2" in from the edge)

Lastly, a thanks to all who've left messages with well wishes for my Mum. Thanks....it is sooo appreciated as are all your prayers. She's still in hospital and will be for a wee while yet. Unfortunately, my Mama has many difficult health issues/probs and whilst the Medical team is doing everything they can to get her well again......there's not a lot of options available for them as my Mum is not well enough or strong enough for too much surgery. And its tough for me to watch her become more and more frail too, being a nurse is sometimes absolutely DREADFUL!! You know too much and understand what is happening. My mum is only 62 (almost 63) and her time left with us in this life is short. We don't know when something will happen....it could be in 3 hours, 3 days, 3 months, etc.....

Anyway, she's holding her own for now.....and I'm doing my best too. My brother and sister aren't really the support I need them to be, for both Mum and myself.....but I'm blessed to have some super amazing friends and Pastors in my world who are keeping me going. And this lovely world of crafting/stamping to escape to when I need some major therapy. :)

7 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

So glad that you were able to find some creative time while you have been going through this time with your mom. Thank you for making The Play Date Cafe a part of that time....we truly do appreciate your support.

It's a wonderful thing to have friends and pastors who can hold you up in prayer when strength gets weak...take care of yourself as well.

Lynn said...

Your card is simply beautiful.. I'm sending you my prayers here from Melbourne, to you and your Mum..Never give up! Lynn x

Sarah Anderson said...

You did the right thing coming home early, you have to look after yourself to be able to look after others, as I'm sure you know. Glad you've got a good community there to help you through what sounds like a tough time.
Your card is stunning. I love the image, and the paper piecing is FAB :) Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe :)

Anne Jagger said...

It's gorgeous. Take care of yourself. X

Kathryn B said...

Aah she is adorable! Don't ya just love the Greeting Farm stamps they are so fun to color!

Amy said...

Wow! This is stunning, love the monocromatic with her on the white! Beautiful!
Take care, your Mom will remain in my prayers!

Hanne said...

This is really beautiful!
Take Care!
Hanne