24.1.12

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge - "Hang In There"


I know...two posts in one afternoon! How magnificent is this inspiration photo! I love, love, love that feature wall - though I'd never have anything like that at my place...it's still pretty cool.

I've had this inspiration photo for the latest Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge on my desktop for several days now and keep coming back and having a look - there's sooooo much in there. Though, of course, that feature wall grabs you and shakes you wild first!

I needed a card for a friend who is in need of some ca-ute encouragement at the moment!

And...I've been desperate to get this wee guy inky and last night (ahem...make that 3am this morning) was his chance at long last! I paired him up with a couple of SU Onsies that I coloured with Copics...the perfect therapy when one can't sleep.

These wee pegs are so tiny in real life - yet they are still massive in comparison with the size of these images. I pulled one of the arms out from the spring and then glued them down so they weren't quite so bulky on the card.


A bit of twine here and bit of PTI DP paper there....some vellum to soften it a bit and highlight the sentiment....a bit more twine...some wee, and I mean wee, black rhinies and this little fella was ready to hang it all about there.

I fiddled a little when I got home this evening and then pulled out the camera and here it is. I think I need to find my little photo tent since I seem to be doing 95% of my photographing at night. I managed to soften some of the shadows this time by reflecting some of the overhead light back in via a piece of white card stock.

And now this tired, but happy and inky crafter is going to bed.
Good night all.

Michey xxxx


  

CARD DETAILS:
Stamps: Paper Smooches Hang In There; Stampin Up Roller Baby Tees
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamark
Cardstock: PTI Stampers Select White, Beautiful Blooms DP; Geographics Vellum (from Officeworks)
Other: PTI Cream Twine; The Twinery Charcoal Twine; Ranger Fine Black Embossing Powder; Tombow Mono Glue; Glue Dots - Micro and Vellum; Absolutely Something For Everyone Mini Black Crystals; CraftWorkz Ultra Mini Pegs; Dimensionals
Copics:
  Squirrel: E99, E23, E13, R11
  Red Onsie: R27, R17, R46
  Green Onsie: YG25, YG03, YG0000, N0, N2
  Grass: YG25, YG17, YG67
  Posts: E77, E71, E99

9 comments:

Jay Gee said...

So cute Michey!! You did a wonderful job with this card, I love it :)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

itsallrosi said...

incredibly cute!

Joy said...

Oh my Oh my, I am squealing with delight over this sweet card...LOVE!! hugs!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

I'm so so so glad you popped past my blog, I'd lost my link to yours! I knew we'd meet up again some day and today it is. Your in my google reader now!

I've been back through your work, gorgeous as I remember. I love this card, great idea with the pegs.

Thanks again, take care, Marcia.

Amy said...

LOL! Love this, it's so cute Michey! The clothesline is genius and such an awesome touch and I love that crazy squirrel! Fabulous card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

So cute! :)

Erum Tasneem said...

cutest little card ever!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Super cute card, Michey! :)