9.9.09

Another Early Card

This is another card made early in 2009 for a dear friend's birthday. My friend is Chinese and so I took my inspiration from that. Looking back now.....I'm not really that happy with the card, but in the early days it seemed fantastic!! It could have something to do with the dreadful photo though. I had a tendency to forget to take a photo of my cards before I gave them away and remembered to grab a shot just before I left for the birthday girl's dinner. Its taken with my iPhone in a bad lighting situation - so that makes it even worse.

I think I must have used some red bazzill cardstock as the base and then some basic black/black card stock for the card body. I've used the embrace life image and stamped it in Versacolour Gold and then coloured in the outline using a paintbrush dipped in the stamp pad

Happy Birthday hasn't stamped very well. The ribbon is actually a beautiful maroon/burgundy colour but looks a dreadful pinky/red in this shot. I've used some Kaiser rhinestones in each corner.

Definitely would try something different for her birthday next year. She'll have the physical proof of how much I've grown with if she keeps each card I make.

Recipe:

Card Stock: Red Bazzill Textured base, Basic Black/Black Bazzil
Ink: Versa Colour Gold
Ribbon: Random Maroon from my collection
Others: Kaiser Rhinestones - Clear, Dimensionals

Will definitely need to add another post tomorrow so this one makes it a little further down the list.
Blessings,
Michey

No comments: