23.9.09

Gurl Bubba

Its funny....towards the end of 2008 and early in 2009 there were six of my girlfriends/family having babies. I'm grateful and thankful that all mums and bubs (and dads) are safe and sound and continuing to thrive. Can you believe that there were five boys and only one little princess!! They were kind enough to space them out for me though, with one arriving every month from Sept through to January (December had two - though one (my darling nephew) arrived early in the month and the second (the princess, born to my cousin) in the middle). I'm sure they all had me in mind when they were planning their pregnancies too!! LOL!!

Since then.... no one in my immediate world has had a baby or announced that they're expecting. Though I'm off to a couple of weddings in the next few months - so now need to get cracking on some wedding cards.

Anywho, since I'm of an age where lots of my friends & family are procreating, or thus considering such for the near future, I thought I'd get ahead and have a little stock of both girl and boy baby cards on hand.

Here's a quick one I whipped up one afternoon.

The little bubba is a cute-as Stamping Bella image that I got at my local scrapbook shop. I coloured "her" in with my copics and then added a little fun sparkle with Stickles. Until I had actually decided on the colour of the bathmat and then matted this on the pink scallop circle it could have been either a boy or girl. Easy peasy. The sentiment is from SU.

Recipe:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pink Bazzill Textured 12x12
Stamps: SU 'For A Friend', Stamping Bella "Bella Baby Bubble Bath'
Ink: SU Basic Gray
Others: Various Copics ;), Stickles (Baby Blue on bubbles, Gunmetal on outer edge of bathtub, Cotton Candy on bathmat), Pink Rhinestone brads, Misc Pink Taffeta ribbon from Spotlight, SU Pewter Hodgepodge hardware.

She's still sitting in my stock box waiting patiently for the next little girl bubba to arrive in my world.

Thanks for taking a peek.

Michey xxx

No comments: