4.4.10

FFF Get Well Wishes, Anya Ink #1 & Anyone for Anya


My dear twin brother had some minor surgery on his foot on Thursday and I thought I'd better get my butt into gear and make him a little get well card. He's on bed rest for the first 7 days and will be off his foot for 3-4 weeks. He and his partner rearranged their lounge room so he can blob out on the couch playing x-box and/or watching the telly whilst looking out their big windows at the ocean, plus I'm pretty sure that PJ's will be his go-to fashion for much of these few weeks. Lucky duck!! lol ;)

Anywho, I used this weeks Farm Fresh Friday sketch to help me plan my card and pulled it together from there. I ummed and aahed over which image to use - the Nurse Anya or a My Guy Ian, or even the cute little dogs on the couch in the Home Sweet Home set.....before finally deciding this cute little Max fit the bill perfectly. I paper pieced his outfit so that it more resembled pj's and pulled out my Copics. I'm not all that pleased with my colouring on this card, but I'm not gonna redo it, so it will have to do. Dan won't be critiquing it anyway. This also fits with this week's challenges at Anya Ink at Anyone for Anya, which is anything goes.

Its Easter Sunday over here now and our daylight savings has finished overnight. I'm usually doubleminded about this end of DS - I love the extra hour of sleep, but hate that its dark so much earlier in the afternoon/evening. Definitely won't be leaving work with lingering light left in the sky most evenings now. Oh welll....

Happy Resurrection Sunday to all.
Michey xxx

CARD DEETS:
Stamps: TGF Twinkle Tots "Max", Stamping Bella Sentiments Grab Bag
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Choc Chip
Paper/Cardstock: SU Kraft, Choc Chip, Soft Sky, Parisienne Breeze DSP, Flourishes Classic White
Copics: Skin: E00, E42, RV32; Hair: E47, E49, E74; Socks/Controller: W00, W3 W5, W7, W9; + B0000 & B91 for highlights/shading
Others: Distress Ink "Old Paper", McGill Fancy Square Punch, PTI Twine, Nestabilities Oval

12 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Great image and I love the layout you used!

Amy said...

This is such a clever use for that stamp, I would never have thought to use him for a get well card, but it's totally brilliant! :)
Awesome job, Michey and I hope your brother is getting around again soon!
It's so weird that you guys are going into the short days and we are just beginning to have the daylight longer...crazy!

Kim Costello said...

This is fantastic Michey, love the colours!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments... BiG HuGs Kim :)

Pam Varnell said...

This is gorgeous. Love your take on the sketch. Beautiful card.

Kristina said...

I love the paper piecing you did for the clothes! You definitely can't go wrong with Parisian Breeze paper! Love that stuff!

Shirley-Anne said...

What a delightful bunch of creations here on your blog. This boy image is so cute . Love the layout .

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW – fabulous job! Love this - great job with the paper piecing - I don't do it enough.
Thanx soo much for joining us at Anya Ink this week
xXx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is gorgeous! I hope your brother is feeling better soon.
Thanks so much for joining us at Anya Ink.
Kristy xx

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the soft, earthy colours of this! The paper piecing is fabulous. Your brother will love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card! Well wishes to your brother! I have had foot surgery & there is nothing like it! It is the worse! :) TFS

Kathy said...

This is totally adorable...love the paper piecing and your coloring.

Julie said...

A lovely card, thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya.