10.4.10

Mad for Markers Challenge 1










Heya....its the weekend and I've started mine with a lovely little lie-in.
But now I'm up and getting into my day - off to lunch with some girlies in a minnie, but just had to put up a new post. I've been pondering all week what to do for the MFM Challenge.....had to go and get me the actual Copics for the challenge (shoulda been harder than it was.....my heart gets overwhelmingly happy whenever I walk into my local art supplies store and see their wall of Copic colour!!)

To create my card, I first decided which image I would use.....and finally!! pulled out one of my new Magnolia Tilda's (not so new, I just haven't inked them up yet) and the appropriate markers and coloured away. These images are soooo gorgeous, I don't know why I simply haven't used them before now!! Maybe, just maybe, one day when I have more time to dedicate to crafting, I'll have inked up every stamp that I've just had-to-have over the past year and made something with them. I live to have such BIG dreams, lol.

Anyway, once Miss Tilda was coloured I then looked through my DP collection to find appropriately coloured paper and was immediately drawn to this piece from my Basic Grey Lemonade 6x6 pad. Cut to fit and distressed around the edge with Old Paper ink, plus a handdrawn pattern around its periphery. I used my oval nesties to cut and mat Tilda (sadly the biggest oval I have hacked into her cute little socks) and used the matching scallop oval to cut a piece from the same DP collection (I love that BG includes some distressed matching coloured papers in the 6x6 pads).


My mum has "officially" handed what's left of her sewing box over to me. Sadly her hands are too damaged by arthritis these days for her to do any sewing. One day I'll have some space created for a sewing station for myself (at the moment everything is packed away). The last little box of goodies she gave me had some gorgeous little ribbons and trims in it - including this gorgeous little white broderie anglaise type ribbon. I've layered that with some matching chiffon over the top to finish off my card. Still felt it needed something so added so dots with my white gel pen around the edges of the scalloped matt.

And there you have it. My first entry into the very first Mad For Markers Challenge. Stop by their blog and check it out for yourself. Sammi has a wonderful prize up for grabs for this challenge. I may create something else for the challenge yet. Another few days before it closes.

Thankx for stopping by for a peek. Michey xxx

CARD DEETS:
Image: Magnolia Tilda with gift
Paper/Cardstock: SU Whisper White, BG Lemonade, Flourishes Classic White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Inks Old Paper & Frayed Burlap, SU Choc Chip (Pen for detail on edging of DP)
Others: COPICS!! (See piccie for colours used); Ribbons from stash, White Gel pen, Nestabilities

10 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Michelle love the lace and pretty ribbon! I have mine ready just need to take a picture!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Emma said...

Fantastic coloring Michelle! I just love those BG colors....and your mums ribbon just finishes off this gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining in on our first ever challenge at Mad for Markers!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

This is gorgeous Michelle, love the DP, and your colouring in is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the Challenge at 'Mad for Markers', and Good Luck.
hugs
Sue x

Jackie Thomas said...

What a truly gorgeous card Michelle. Your colouring is amazing. I know exactly how you feel when you see a wall full of copic markers. Thank you for joining the M4M very first challenge. have a wonderful weekend. xo Jackie

Emily Leiphart said...

This is SO gorgeous! I love everything about it, but especially that lacey fabric.

Kylie said...

Oh wow Michelle! Your card is lovely. You did a beautiful job with your colouring.
Thank you for playing along with M4M first challenge!
Kylie

Sammi said...

PS. I love the paper and that lacey fabric is so sweet!! xxx

Sammi said...

Hi Michey,
Gorgeous card!! That Tilda has been coloured so beautifully!! LOVE it!! :D
Thanks for joining in our first challenge and look forward to maybe seeing another gorgeous creation too!
glad you had a weekend sleep in! Hope you had fun with the girls!
sammi
xx

Jill said...

Your coloring and highlights are spectacular! Such a cute card!